Do you ever wonder why some of your email communications generate a huge response, while others bomb? Purple Cow can help you understand a campaign’s success or failure with A/B testing.
Here’s how it works:
- Instead of sending out an email newsletter to your entire list at once, we split the newsletter into two groups: “A” and “B.”
- We choose different factors to tweak for each group. For example, we might end out your newsletter to group A at 12 noon, while group B gets their newsletters at 3pm. Or we test out a different headline, newsletter design, or a discount offer in each group.
- The email management system tracks the campaign’s performance within each group separately.
- Our project manager and marketing team works with you to use this data to refine and improve your campaigns.
You can use A/B testing to test a variety of variables:
- Newsletter Timing: Your customers may be more inclined to open your newsletter, and click on its links, on certain days or at certain times. A/B testing can help you identify the best day and time for sending out campaign.
- Newsletter Format: Is your newsletter design meeting your subscriber’s needs? Test new designs before making a commitment.
- Subject Lines: Some subject lines will get you more opens than others. Use A/B testing to find out what works.
Contact us today about developing new strategies for your email newsletter!